New Hiesbok GINO Model Glider Kit for free flight or radio control, with built-up wingRegular price £29.95
The new GINO model glider kit can be built as an excellent free-flight glider or, if desired, fitted with miniature radio control equipment for 2 channel control (elevator and rudder). Please note that whilst the radio control installation is shown on the detailed plan, no radio control equipment is supplied with this kit. However, the 2 Bowden cables and control horns are provided. The GINO glider has a built-up wing, carbon fuselage rod and adjustable flight control surfaces. This is a very complete kit which includes precision laser-cut plywood and balsawood parts which are marked with part numbers to aid assembly. The elevator, rudder and associated trim tabs are fitted using the supplied wire hinges, enabling adjustment prior to each flight. This excellent feature is very useful for teaching inexperienced modellers the fundamentals of aerodynamics and the effect of control surface deflection to flight patterns. Alternatively, the control surfaces can be fitted using the included nylon material to provide the correct amount of deflection for fitting radio control. The kit comes with a detailed coloured plan sheet which has each part number clearly marked and cross-referenced to the contents. The GINO is suitable for hand-launching as a chuck glider or it can be launched using a bungee (not supplied). Ballast weights are provided for adjustment of the centre of gravity. The kit even contains the tissue paper required to cover the built-up wings and coloured decals to finish the model.
Detailed instructions, in English, for building and finishing the model can be downloaded here
To view detailed photos of each building step please visit https://hiesbok.rajce.idnes.cz/gino_RC/
Wingspan: 900mm Length: 680mm Weight: Min. 150g
Designed and produced by Hiesbok S.R.O., Czech Republic
Additional items required to complete the GINO model glider but not included with the kit:
- A good quality, fast curing wood adhesive. We recommend Deluxe Materials Super ‘Phatic glue as it is easy to use and allows rapid bonding of balsa and ply parts. It is superior to PVA glue as it is much easier to sand once cured. Visit www.deluxematerials.co.uk for details.
- Alternatively, a good quality, thin CA (CyanoAcrylate) which will wick (flow) into joints.
- Two-part 30-minute epoxy adhesive.
- Modelling pins for temporarily holding assembled items whilst glue sets.
- Fine sandpaper or emery paper for shaping the model where indicated.
- Materials for finishing the model such as tissue paste/UHU glue stick, dope and paint.
- Flat building board to protect the surface below from glue, etc.
- Grease-proof paper or cling film to protect the plans whilst gluing.
- Clothes pegs or small clamps.
- Hobby knife.
- 3mm drill bit